Not everyone surfs in the US + mouthwatering clues in oil spill video
Happy Saturday, Orange County! Let all of you know what’s going on locally to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Usually sunny and cool. High: 73 Low: 55.
Still, no surfing or fishing in Orange County as the oil spill cleanup continues.
Here are the best stories in Orange County today:
- Cancellation of the surf competition in the United States at Huntington Beach, Orange County ‘s the effects of oil spills occur with coveralls (Orange County Patch)
- How to help with the Orange County oil spill (Coast Report).
- Two new videos released so far only provide tantalizing clues to what might have happened below the ocean’s surface before and during the Orange County Oil spill. (Newport Beach Patch).
- The assassination of a Orange County activist remains unsolved. A deep dive, from LAtimes. (Los Angeles Times).
- Hoping the worst is over Orange County coastal towns are preparing for a return to normalcy. (Orange County crest).
- Orange County the oil spill threatens the fishing industry and the residents who depend on it (Yahoo News).
Today’s Orange County Daily is presented by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Newrez is committed to providing Patch readers and their families with hassle-free mortgage services. Make the right choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Orange County:
- Annual Community Festival – Petting Zoo & Kids’ Fun 2021: Cypress (2:00 p.m.).
- Tunnel of Terror: Haunted OC Car Wash – Halloween 2021: Orange County (5:00 p.m.).
- Tune in to the excitement! (10 p.m.).
- Hoag Flu Shot 2021 Health Fairs (7:00 a.m.).
- Discover The Zeen at the Irvine Global Village Festival (10:00 am).
- Be the first to experience The Zeen®, the LATEST innovation in mobility devices in Irvine (10:00 am).
- Enjoy shopping, tacos and music at HD Buttercup this weekend! (12h00).
- Evenings at Glen Ivy: Jason Weber Saxophone + Sound Bath (4:00 p.m.).
- Helping Hand for Afghanistan and Cymbiotika Present: Sami Beigi and TOHI (7:30 p.m.).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Camino De Santiago Nature School – Innovative place-based education in OC for Kindergarten to Grade 6. (Visit the website).
- Caring companions at home – Home care for the elderly (Visit the website).
- JDC Conception & Consulting – Landscaping at its best (Visit website)
- The appliance coach – Appliance repair: We offer evening hours (Visit the website)
- ABC Heating & Air Conditioning – Reliable air conditioning and heating repair, installation and tune-up (visit website)
- Add your business here
- San Clemente Garden Club Sale of fall plants and flea market treasures (October 9).
- New paintings and sculptures have arrived! (Preview) (October 9).
- Tune in to the excitement! (October 9).
- 10 10 10 A Sweet Day in LA … Kids attend the sweetest donut party ever! (October 10).
- Crimes of Passion Interactive – Another Kind of Horror (October 11).
- Ask the Doctors: An Elderly Appreciation Event (October 13).
- Retirement Tax Webinar (October 14).
- Girl Scouts Nature Discovery Party (October 15).
- Celebrity Comedy Show and Dinner with Jay Light and Stuttering John (October 15).
- Press Play with Girl Scouts Party (October 16).
- Skatoberfest ft.The Untouchables and 4 other groups (October 16).
- Senior (60+) Social at the Bell Tower in RSM (October 20).
- Add your event.
You are all taken for today! See you tomorrow morning for your next update. If you are feeling these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007. Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.