Join US Sailing for the First PDP Para Kitesurfing Clinic
If you are an experienced kitesurfer with a physical disability (Para Kiteboarding) looking to advance your skills, this is the opportunity for you!
The first ever PDP Para Kiting clinic will be held for 4 days, June 23-26. Participants will be invited to arrive on Wednesday June 22 and depart on the evening of Sunday June 26. The PDP will be held at the fully accessible venue – Univela Campione, Lake Garda Italy.
- Sailors must have previous kiting experience
- Sailors should have access to equipment (suitable for the sailor) that they can bring with them for use at the clinic.
- Sailors must have a graded disability, but may not yet have been officially graded
US Sailing, as a member national authority of World Sailing, may designate up to three people to attend this clinic. Only US Sailing can submit an application for a team to participate in this clinical event. Registration for the Initial Performance Clinic is limited to the following individuals:
- Maximum of 2 sailors with preference given to MPs entering women and/or youth (under 25). Sailors MUST have some kiteboarding experience.
- 1 MNA coach who must be over 18 years old and have some experience in kiteboarding training.
For sailors/coaches selected to participate, the following costs will be covered: 50% economy return airfare to be reimbursed at the end of the performance clinic (up to £300/person); all airport transfer costs to and from the training venue in the host country; accommodation for sailors and coach will be arranged at Univela Campione for the duration of the PDP program (6/22-26); all food costs for all sailors and coaches.
If you are interested or know someone who might be interested, contact [email protected] This event is 8 weeks away, so we need to select sailors and coaches quickly. Please let us know of your interest by May 15, if possible.